The Watkiss SpineMaster is bound to change the way you think about finishing booklets. It gives you both the superior appearance of a perfect bound booklet and the security of a stitched spine.
Before and After
Traditional stitch-fold booklets are transformed into SquareBack™ books.
Print on the Spine
With SquareBack™ booklets you can print text on the spine, just like a perfect bound book.
The SpineMaster is compatible with a wide range of finishing and booklet making devices.
SquareBack™ books are flat and easy to pack, stack and handle.
The SpineMaster can be used online or offline and it will accept individual booklets via the hand feed unit.
The SpineMaster post-processes traditional stitch-fold booklets and transforms them into SquareBack™ booklets. These are flat and easy to pack, stack and handle. There is no risk of loose pages - you can even print on the spine. It gives added value and it is faster, more convenient and cheaper than perfect binding.
The SpineMaster connects online to most booklet makers. It fits after the trimmer units and the unique SquareBack™ process ensures that no additional trimming is required. It can also be used as a stand-alone machine.
- Traditional stitch-fold booklets are transformed into SquareBack™ booklets.
- SpineMaster SquareBack™ booklets are the preferred choice of print buyers due to their professional appearance.
- Booklets can be opened flat without damaging the spine.
- Overall bulk is reduced by at least one third.
- Flat booklets are easy to handle, stack and pack.
- SquareBack™ booklets can carry print on the spine, just like a perfect bound book.
- Hand-feed or operate online, the choice is yours.
SquareBack™ book technology, which was developed and patented by Watkiss, is now the preferred choice of printers and print buyers all over the world. It is available on virtually all booklet makers on the market – either manufactured by or under licence to Watkiss.
|Production||up to 1750 per hour|
|Max/Min Input Size||80 x 120mm to 250 x 350mm|
|Booklet Thickness||Min: 1mm
Read how some of our customers use their Watkiss SpineMaster, why they chose it, and the benefits they enjoy: